You can request a repeat prescription in the following ways:
- OnlineVisit our Online Services. To use this service you will need to have a user ID and password, if you do not have these then you will need to sign up to Patient Access.
- Visit us Come into the Health Centre where our friendly reception staff will help you.
- Post Use the slip we issue with most prescriptions. If you enclose a stamped addressed envelope, the prescription will be sent to you.
- Pharmacy Visit your local pharmacy and they will help you.
We offer a 48 hour service for repeat prescriptions being collected from our surgery.
This can take up to an additional 48 hours if collecting from your pharmacy.
What is a repeat prescription?
When the doctor puts you on a medication that you need to take for a prolonged period you will be given your medication, together with a paper slip enabling you to re-order your medication without seeing the doctor. The doctor will decide how many repeats of your medication they would like you to have before reviewing you again in clinic.
What to do with your repeat prescription slip?
We aim to make re-ordering repeat prescriptions as accessible, efficient and as easy as possible.
With every issue of a repeat prescription, there is a re-order slip, this is the right hand side, the white part of a green prescription. By ticking against the medication you require and returning the slip (either by dropping it in to the surgery, faxing it or posting it), a new prescription will be generated.
How to register for online services
- 1Show your ID to reception to get a PIN number.
- 2Register your account online to get a password.
- 3Make and cancel appointments, order prescriptions, change your contact details and view your medical record at a time to suit you online.